Search

Chinese and foreign brands scramble for China's 20 billion in vitro diagnostic market

Page view
[Abstract]:
"In the United States, the 5 year survival rate of cancer patients from 2003 to 2009 is about 68%, compared with only 25% in China. In addition to the gap between China and the United States, the main
"In the United States, the 5 year survival rate of cancer patients from 2003 to 2009 is about 68%, compared with only 25% in China. In addition to the gap between China and the United States, the main reason for this is the time that the cancer focus is found. In the United States, many cancer patients are found in the early stage. The success rate of cure is high through treatment intervention, while most of the cancer patients in China are already in the middle and late stage, which brings difficulty to treatment. A Shanghai three a hospital laboratory expert informed the reporter.
 
And the situation is facing improvement at the moment. In vitro diagnosis (IVD) technology, the discovery time of the cancer focus can be significantly advanced. It is understood that the IVD diagnosis of the public hospital inspection department has occupied nearly 90% of the market. Including Roche, AstraZeneca, GE medical and many other international pharmaceutical companies and medical device giants are accelerating the layout, and domestic brands to seize the market share of in vitro diagnosis.
 
What is an in vitro diagnosis?
 
For example, in the past, suspected cancer patients in the hospital by imaging equipment found in certain parts of the body is abnormal, doctors often inform the patient follow-up, continuous observation for several months without development, can be judged as a "cancer" may not, if the lesion is sustainable development, determine the existence of cancer or other possible. The need for further examination.
 
In such a screening process, not only cancer patients' early treatment of "golden March" is easy to be delayed, but more often, for patients with slow development, it is not easy to be detected in the early stage, so as to miss the best time to treat.
 
But if we use IVD to extract samples of tissues, secretions, blood and other samples, the lesions can be clearly detected at the early stage, and the diagnostic time is greatly improved.
 
This detection technology is being widely used in China, especially in the three A hospitals in big cities. According to previous statistics, the per capita consumption of Chinese in vitro diagnostic products is only 1.5 US dollars, while that of developed countries is 25~30 US dollars per capita, and the market prospect is huge.
 
Although in the field of domestic brands of large detection reagent has the potential to catch up, but China's IVD industry in the upstream end and equipment is still dependent on transnational giants, the industry had told reporters, the current foreign manufacturers control the market share of more than 75%, the remaining 25% of the market share of about 6 billion yuan, from nearly more than 300 domestic enterprises compete with each other, the market competition is remarkable.
 
At present, the market of in vitro diagnostics is mainly divided into four categories. Biochemical reagents are mainly domestic brands. Immunodiagnosis is dominated by imported brands, and domestic brands occupy a certain share. Molecular diagnostics market imports and domestic brands are mixed up. POCT (instant test) is mainly imported. At present, the largest market share is in the biochemical reagent and immunodiagnosis of these two pieces. " In vitro diagnostic investment GTJA partner Wang Haijiao told reporters.

News